Build Safe, Build Smart is an approach that is utilized to communicate safety across all projects and create a safe environment. This philosophy is more than a program, goal or statement- it is a core value. Our mission is to not only provide a safe work environment for all workers on our projects, but to leave a lasting impression for everyone to carry on to future projects.
New South strives to make safer contractors and make the construction industry safer. The core values of our continued safety success rests on the following principals:
- Establish a consistent project safety culture with the use of passive and active leading indicators as a tool for a success.
- Provide all employees with the training and education necessary to achieve excellent safety performance.
- Strive for zero injuries - a culture of caring.
- Conduct project safety stand downs to provide a consistent message for all trades.
- Maintain a sound safety climate on our projects to promote a consistent safe work environment for all workers.
Safety Organization Involvement
Our safety professionals are actively involved in national and local organizations that promote safety throughout the industry, such as:
New South has been honored with multiple industry safety awards. Our project superintendents has been rewarded with the top AGC safety superintendent safety award for the past several years.