Millennium Gate Monument
National Monuments Foundation
The Millennium Gate takes the form of a triumphal arch and houses a public gallery for contemporary classical sculpture, as well as spaces for receptions and meetings. The design for the Millennium Gate includes approximately 12,000 sf of museum space on its five floors.
The Millennium Gate Monument is a concrete framed structure that rises just over 100 feet from the bottom of its terrace level foundations to the peak of its gabled roof. The exterior of the arch features a façade of complex limestone and stucco elements with intricate detailing. The limestone frieze has hand-carved Latin lettering celebrating the peaceful accomplishments of mankind over the past 2,000 years.
Awards & Recognition
- Best Public Building – 2008 Southeast Construction
- First Place, Public Works – 2008 ACI
- Dave Borchers Memorial Achievement Award – 2009 CMAA
- Project Achievement – 2009 CMAA
- Merit – 2009 Build GA Awards